Sunday, February 26, 2017

Bill Paxton passes away at 61 so to the grim reaper I say "Fuck you asshole!"

Left click to enlarge
Unfucken believable! I literally only 30 moments ago just read the sad news about Bill Paxton having passed away during some sort of surgical procedure. Here we go again with yet another iconic actor from the sci-fi genre of the 80s passing away and we're not even done with February yet. Many people wouldn't know that his list of credits both in front and behind the camera is very extensive but I'm not going to get into a long winded posting about his fantastic career. But suffice it to say I loved Bill Paxton he's been in some great films both big and small that I've enjoyed since the mid 80s.
The land mark role that put him on the map no doubt was private Hudson from ALIENS but we actually saw Bill before that in a small part in the original classic Terminator film. Since then he's played in a number of great films like TombstoneApollo 13 and One False Move. He's also done some work on the small screen I remember him in particular most recently from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D when that show was actually watchable. Bill was also in another great yet little known film that's one of my favorites from his acting resume. The movie is a modern day vampire film from the late 80s called Near Dark in which Paxton plays a psychotic vampire with an entertaining and twisted sense of humor when it comes to hunting his prey.

As most of you know we've lost a few celebrities this year so far I've posted about (Miguel Ferrer, Gordon Henley, Richard Hatch and now Bill Paxton). It's ironic that it would be a couple weeks ago that I would happen to spot this clip art in an issue of Battlestar Galactica. I say that because of the Star Wars reference in it (good for you if you can find it) and given that it was an actor from both Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica who passed away this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment